Thread: Wurlitzer Model D-5

Wurlitzer Model D-5

Was given this organ by a friends mum and moving house, so not sure whether to sell or give it away.</p>

Not sure what year it's from either.</p>

</p>

Wurlitzer Model D-5</p>

Works in perfect condition</p>

Owners manual included.</p>

</p>

For some reason I can't upload pictures, so here are some links.</p>

OWNERS MANUAL</p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: 'Lucida Grande', Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color: rgb(51, 102, 153); white-space: pre; ">http://img59.imageshack.us/i/photo2zl.jpg/</span></p>

ORGAN</p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: 'Lucida Grande', Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color: rgb(51, 102, 153); white-space: pre; ">http://img188.imageshack.us/i/photo1cv.jpg/</span></p>

Re: Wurlitzer Model D-5

It will help to avoid the professional "parters" if you advertise the organ first for sale and if necessary give it to a responder who you feel really cares for the organ. Some previous posts should give you more information on the instrument.

[quote user="chrispiss"]

Was given this organ by a friends mum and moving house, so not sure whether to sell or give it away.[/quote]</P>

G'day,</P>

I see you're from the same part of the world as myself. The D5, released in 1981, was the baby of the last US built Wurly range, selling here for AUD$1595.00.</P>

Small analog organs like this sadly have no intrinsic value today, so your best bet is to give it away to someone or an organisation that will appreciate it rather thanlumbering yourself with time &amp; effort trying to sell it.</P>

And I wouldn't worry about "professional parters", a US colloquialism, we don't actually have people who attempt to make a buck by pulling old instruments apart then selling the bits still in good nick. And even if you took this course of action I very much doubt you'd have punters banging at your door wanting bits for a Wurly D5. [:|]</P>

Good Luck,</P>

Ian</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Hammond X77GT & Leslie 77P
    Lowrey C500 & Leslie 720/540
    Hammond T524 & Leslie 710
    Gulbransen Theatrum & Leslie 700
    Yamaha EL90T

sweet, thanks for your help </p>