Thread: Need a Price on this Gulbransen Theatrum Organ

Need a Price on this Gulbransen Theatrum Organ

Hey Guys.</P>

This organ is not to far for me to drive And I know it will cost a Lot more than my Wurlitzer.</P>

Guy is asking for offers so i need the Ball park value before I go into Negotiation Mode.</P>

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/s...atrumOrgan.jpg</P>

<SPAN id=preview-local-desc></P>
    <DIV>The theatrum is the grandest of all threatre-styled spinets. It's ready to deliver all of the full, natural organ sound you want. It is versatile and provides all the advancements in technology that give you the advantafes of a four-manual organ. </DIV>
    <DIV>Special Features: </DIV>
    <DIV>-Gulbrasens famous walking bass is a standerd feature on this model, which lets you play the bass pedals automatically. </DIV>
    <DIV>- Cord-cmatic, which lets you play up to 24 chords with just the touch of your feature.</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>And Also this one facinates me.</DIV>
    <DIV>He wants $300.00 Canadian and it is shipable as it comes with its own suitcase.</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/s...AMICRORGAN.jpg</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>thanks for all your help</DIV>
    <DIV>Torquil</DIV></SPAN>

Re: Need a Price on this Gulbransen Theatrum Organ

That's a nice Gully Theatrum, the later model with the improved rhythm unit. It's a flute only organ but those flutes and drawbars are very rich and there's a built in Rotosonic leslie. Piano and Harpsichord are spectacular for the era.</p>

Here in the UK, you'd struggle to get more than 100 for it and might
    get far less if you couldn't find the right buyer.</p>

As for the thing with legs, fascinating it may be, but I'd need some convincing of its rarity value before I parted with any cash and would be looking at much, much less, divide by 10 maybe. Remember that some things are rare now because they were junk when they were made and nobody bothered to keep them!
    </p>
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Kawai SR6 + Leslie 760 Walnut
    Retired Organs: Lots! Including Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2012 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760, 710, 415 x 2.

Thanks Again as allways Andy.</P>

I will reserch the the farfisa Micro Organ some more.</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Times; font-size: medium; "><div style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); padding-top: 8px; padding-right: 8px; padding-bottom: 8px; padding-left: 8px; ">That second one looks like an air powered reed organ, with really strange spacing on the black keys (look closely). I have the Hohner version--minus the chord buttons, plastic casing, and with a longer keyboard. Paid $10 for it. Sounds like a harmonica/vacuum cleaner. Worth every penny </div></span>
    Tonewheels, frequency modulation, analog and digital circuits, tubes, strings, reeds, and tines. Too many keyboards.

Thanks</P>

Dave </P>

Very Funny </P>

Hi Torquil,</P>

This Theatrum looks very nice. *I had one for about 10 years until the "collection" grew too large and I had to start parting with instruments. After spending many years obtaining instruments as purchases or give aways I think most of us buy these by thinking with our hearts rather than our heads. *So in the final analysis it's worth whatever it's worth to you. *I paid $125 at the local thrift store many years ago for my Theatrum. *It still had the music store sticker on it with a list of almost $5,000 USD! *Perfect condition and it was a very reliable instrument. *After years of poking around in these vintage instruments I feel that Gulbransen really knew how to build a fine instrument compared to some of the other brands. *IMHO very solid construction and design. *As you've read the market for most vintage organs is pretty weak so unless you really, really have to have this particular instrument (my heart had told me that about some of mine in the past..) don't be afraid to make a lower offer and wait for the seller to contact you later when they find that yours was the best. *It's a really, really nice spinet so if I was in the market for one I'd offer $150 USD.*</P>

BTW, I never think of these as any kind of monetary investment so I never expect to recover any $$$ if I decided to pass the instrument along in the future.*</P>

As Andy mentioned I think it would be difficult to find a better example of an analog piano and harpsichord. *Gulbransen really went all out in designing the voicing circuits for these features where a lot of other examples I've seen and heard were a very minimal effort.* The piano on my Gulbransen Rialto K is similarly excellent, especially for an even older instrument. *Somebody at Gulbransen really must have had a fondness for great piano sound. *The drawbars are a nice useful feature, the rhythm and percussions are good. *I never had much use for the walking bass and chord-o-matic but the bass could be useful if you like those types of automated features.</P>

Good luck, let us know what you decide.</P>

</P>

</P>
    Gary

Current: Rodgers 340 "Special", Gulbransen Rialto K (Both Versions), Allen Theatre Deluxe, Rodgers Olympic 333, Roland Atelier AT70 (I hope)
    History: Rodgers 321B, Rodgers 740B, Gulbransen Theatrum, Hammond H-133, Thomas Malibu, Heathkit/Thomas Paramount

Can anyone help me? I have my grandmothers Gulbransen Theatrum organ. Works beautifully but I have to move and cant take it wil me. I have had it since the 80s and she had it in the 70s. I have no clue what the value is
    Serial number 99970 model 321SBW or may be 3218BW (my eys are getting old sorry). Can someone tell me its value and would anyone be interested? I need it to go to a good home as she never let us wear anything that could scratch it when playing and it is in very good condition. I have to be out of my house in a week so this has become an urgent matter. Glendale Heights IL area

As you'll have read in the previous posts, $125 was paid for one some years ago, and that value will have fallen more by now. That's the sad state of the market, sorry.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Kawai SR6 + Leslie 760 Walnut
    Retired Organs: Lots! Including Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2012 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760, 710, 415 x 2.