Thread: B3 serial numbers

B3 serial numbers

Hi all,</p>

</p>

I am new to the forum and to the organ world. Piano player by training.</p>

I have a chance to pick up a B3 with L-22 cabinet form a friend. THe organ is several hours away and I have not had the cahnce to go see it. </p>

Not sure what year it is, but do have the serial number. It was purchased used in 1978 and maintained by a hammond tech in a recording studio for many years. I am assured that it is in high quality condition. </p>

Is there a listing of serial numbers and years anywhere. I know that hammond/suzuki claims to have eliminated the records. The serial is 71199. Any help would be greatly appreciated</p>

Re: B3 serial numbers

Wlecome to the forum!</P>

That B3 is from around 1957/8 according to this slow loading page :</P>

http://www.tonewheelgeneral.com/agelist/agelist.php</P>

thanks for the info, and thanks for getting back so promptly.</p>

I am so new to the organ world that I'm not even sure what I should be looking for when I go to see it , or how to even begin to make an intelligent offer. I have seen a few on e-bay dating from this era, in good condition going from about $5500 to $7500.</p>

Do you have any advice on specifics to check before considering the purchase ?</p>

</p>

I'll leave it to others to advise you about B3's. In the meantime you could search for things like 'Buying a used Hammond' I think there are a few such quides out there, no doubt with wildly varying opinions.
    Simon.