Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom 5 Manual Allen "Renessiance" Organ for Sale!

Custom 5 Manual Allen "Renessiance" Organ for Sale!

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face=Calibri>Green Acres Baptist Church in Tyler, TX is selling their <U>Custom 5 Manual Allen "Renaissance" Organ!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o></U></FONT></FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3>Please pass this info on to anyone who might be interested in getting more information about this wonderful instrument.</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o><FONT face=Calibri size=3></FONT></o></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" oreferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><vath o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></vath><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o><FONT face=Calibri size=3></FONT></o></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3>Manufactured by the Allen Organ Company, Allentown, PA</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3>Sold and installed by Dale Johnson and Tom Branch, Church Organ Associates, Carrolton, TX in 2001.</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3>Asking price - $125,000.00</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3>General Specs:</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3> Custom Allen Digital Organ</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3> Five manuals</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3> Five expression pedals</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3> 82 Ranks</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3> Fully MIDI-capable</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3> MIDI tone module built-in (160 MIDI voices)</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3> MIDI Division Smart Recorder</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3> Custom matched walnut finish</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3> 73 speakers in two chambers</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3> 18 amplifiers</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3> Adjustable music rack</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3> Adjustable bench</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3> 20 general pistons</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3> 16 memory banks</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3> This organ is substantial enough to fill our 3, 400 seat Worship Center</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3> Used for 4 - 5 years and currently stored in climate controlled storage </FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3>Contact Matt Robb for more information at:</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3> 903-525-1160</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3> </FONT><FONT face=Calibri size=3>mattr@mail.gabc.org</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3>Thanks!</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3>Matt</FONT></P>

Re: Custom 5 Manual Allen "Renessiance" Organ for Sale!

Hi Matt,</p>

Maybe if the organ is so "wonderful", you should keep it and use it. I know probably what happened is that the worship band has replaced the organ and organist. Sad in my opinion.</p>

I'm sure it will fill the bill for some church/institution or possibly a home. I seriously doubt you will get $125,000 for it. Used organs, especially of the previous technology type, don't fetch near so much these days, and it doesn't matter who the manufacturer is.</p>

Wish you all the best in selling it.</p>

AV
    </p>

[quote user="arie v"] Maybe if the organ is so "wonderful", you should keep it and use it. [/quote]

It has already been taken out of serviceand consigned to a cryogenic storage facility.[:|]</P>

[quote user="arie v"] I know probably what happened is that the worship band has replaced the organ and organist. Sad in my opinion.[/quote]</P>

Guess again, Arie!! On a good day theyused to do Grand Ole Opry Nashville stuff; but their current offering sounds like this: </P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PONi6RJRpk [:|] [:|] [6]</P>

And if that doesn't leave the congregation running into the streets begging for mercy, nothing will! [|-)]</P>

[quote user="arie v"]I'm sure it will fill the bill for some church/institution or possibly a home. I seriously doubt you will get $125,000 for it. Used organs, especially of the previous technology type, don't fetch near so much these days, and it doesn't matter who the manufacturer is. [/quote]</P>

Indeed! Where a significantpart of the costof designing and installing a new organ involves the inevitable extensive time and planning byorgan architechts, designing aninstrumentfor a specific environment. Add to that additional time required forvoicing; not to mention theten year warranty which only favours the original buyer.</P>

Once you discardthe essentialprofessional services needed for a tolerableorgan installaton, you are left with little more thana random pile of wood and computer chips that are unlikely to come even closeto attracting the kind ofthe kind of$$$you have envisioned. [:S]</P>

Perhaps, in agenerousoffering of Christian charity, you mightconsider donatingyour cast-off toa church withbrothers and sisters of like-faith;who not only appreciatetraditionalchurch music, but have at least someone within their congregation whocan still play that sort of stuff; and whosemusical abiltity extendsa tad beyondmereguitar-strummingwhich has overtaken the church like a creeping fungus!! [:|]</P>
    2008: Phoenix III/44

I did not intend to open the "can o' worms" about music styles. What works for your community may not work for us. The body of Christ is diverse. I just wanted to get the word out that we have a very nice organ that has been well taken care of that is available for sale.</P>

As for the Magills, they were guest artists this past Sunday at church because they have family connections here. They did an excellent job and our people really enjoyed them. They both have powerful testimonies of how God saved them and is working through their music.</P>

Thanks! Matt</P>

Philip the organist

Robb,</p>

As a brother in Christ, and fellow Baptist, may I humbly propose that you and/or your church reconsider selling such a fine instrument? Once it is gone, it's gone, and you will likely never end up with an organ again, certainly not such a large, well-spec'd, powerful 5-manual! Think of all the times that you will wish it was there-Christmas, weddings, Easter, Palm Sunday, conferences, musical conventions, choir events....</p>

I know how much people enjoy Southern Gospel/contemporary music, but the organ doesn't have to go just because it isn't the primary worship instrument any more.</p>

Blessings,
    PF</p>

Perhaps they are replacing it with a real pipe organ, who knows?</p>

There really is no point keeping it if no-one is going to play it or use it.</p>

I think Brandon might like it as a practice organ.[]
    </p>

[quote user="Philip the organist"] As a brother in Christ, and fellow Baptist, may I humbly propose that you and/or your church reconsider selling such a fine instrument? Once it is gone, it's gone, and you will likely never end up with an organ again, certainly not such a large, well-spec'd, powerful 5-manual![/quote]</P>

Philip,</P>

Have you evergiven any thought as tohow this magnificent instrument ever ended upin aNashville-bluegrass-culture-church to begin with?? </P>

1. It was purchased by the members of the church who thrived on Traditional church music, following carefulconsideration by a dulyappointed organ committee; or</P>

2. It was purchased by a cultured, wealthy and well-meaning parishioner, whose limits for tolerating low-end"praize and warship" gueetar trashhad been stretched to all reasonalblelimits of sanity,who stooopidly figured that if he wrote a big cheque fora wonderful magnificent new organ, that hecould elevate the congregationalculture a notch ortwo; but that really doesn't work!![H] Just a total waste of $$$! [:S]</P>

There are a couple of old sayings:</P>

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink; and the inevitablecorrelational horticulturalresponse is:</P>

You can lead a hori-ti-culture, but you can't make her think. [:$]</P>

While in the past, I have been guilty of giving an organ to a church, I am satisfied that my intentions werefocusedupon than upgrading the crappy instrument they already had. </P>

But I am convinced that no amount of money spent in an effort to upgrade the culture of a church, will ever succeed. A congregation of Nashville hillbillies being presented with the most magnificent organyou can imagine, will still be a congregation of Nashville hillbillies.</P>

Buy them all new geeeetars, and you mightgrab their attention.Buy them a magnificent new organ; you'll have them all asleepbefore eventide. [:|]</P>

[quote user="Philip the organist"]Think of all the times that you will wish it was there-Christmas, weddings, Easter, Palm Sunday, conferences, musical conventions, choir events....[/quote]</P>

Now that they havebeen infectedand overtaken by gueeeeetar culure, do youreally believe that theyactually give a royal farrrt?</P>
    2008: Phoenix III/44

[quote user="Clarion"]

[quote user="Philip the organist"] As a brother in Christ, and fellow Baptist, may I humbly propose that you and/or your church reconsider selling such a fine instrument? Once it is gone, it's gone, and you will likely never end up with an organ again, certainly not such a large, well-spec'd, powerful 5-manual![/quote]</p>

Philip,</p>

Have you evergiven any thought as tohow this magnificent instrument ever ended upin aNashville-bluegrass-culture-church to begin with?? </p>

1. It was purchased by the members of the church who thrived on Traditional church music, following carefulconsideration by a dulyappointed organ committee; or</p>

2. It was purchased by a cultured, wealthy and well-meaning parishioner, whose limits for tolerating low-end"praize and warship" gueetar trashhad been stretched to all reasonalblelimits of sanity,who stooopidly figured that if he wrote a big cheque fora wonderful magnificent new organ, that hecould elevate the congregationalculture a notch ortwo; but that really doesn't work!![H] Just a total waste of $$$! [:S]</p>

There are a couple of old sayings:</p>

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink; and the inevitablecorrelational horticulturalresponse is:</p>

You can lead a hori-ti-culture, but you can't make her think. [:$]</p>

While in the past, I have been guilty of giving an organ to a church, I am satisfied that my intentions werefocusedupon than upgrading the crappy instrument they already had. </p>

But I am convinced that no amount of money spent in an effort to upgrade the culture of a church, will ever succeed. A congregation of Nashville hillbillies being presented with the most magnificent organyou can imagine, will still be a congregation of Nashville hillbillies.</p>

Buy them all new geeeetars, and you mightgrab their attention.Buy them a magnificent new organ; you'll have them all asleepbefore eventide. [:|]</p>

[quote user="Philip the organist"]Think of all the times that you will wish it was there-Christmas, weddings, Easter, Palm Sunday, conferences, musical conventions, choir events....[/quote]</p>

Now that they havebeen infectedand overtaken by gueeeeetar culure, do youreally believe that theyactually give a royal farrrt?</p>

[/quote]</p>

Clarion,</p>

Perhaps the problem was that the wealthy parishioner didn't buy them a pipe organ. Electronic organs (even Phoenix ones) can have all the bells and whistles it wants but isn't necessarily going to attract talented and qualified organists, long-term, in the same way a large equivalent pipe organ might have done.
    </p>

Dear Matt, please ignore the postings..you have a very interesting instrument posted for sale........to the others....oy vey..please please keep this thread on topic and post your rants on hillbiillies (I am one) for the grease pit.....pretty please????

Nice looking instrument! Just out of curiosity, what did Allen name the 5th manual? Echo, Antiphonal... ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast