Thread: No sound on Lowrey LSC

No sound on Lowrey LSC

I recently bought a Leslie 125 that came with a Lowrey LSC organ. I tried them both out before I bought them, and they both worked great. I loaded them up in a truck and brought them back home (leaving the organ in the truck), where I pulled the 26-1 kit out of the Lowrey to put in my Hammond M103 (I plugged the connector back into the organ also). I then took the organ to my parent's house and put it in their garage for the time being. When I tried to fire it up that same day, I could get no sound at all out of it. I noticed someone had wired a line out and a switch on the back of it, so I tried flipping the switch to no avail. I pulled the 6V6 power tubes and tested them, and they tested good. I swapped all of the 12AX7s with known good ones, and still nothing. The only time I could get any sound out of the organ was when I pulled a power tube with the organ on. I got a crackling noise through the speakers. I even pulled the output transformer and tested it, and it tested good (I've worked on my fair share of tube amps before). </p>

I couldn't find a schematic or manual for the amp, so I'm out of ideas as to what may be wrong. Anyone have any clues?
    </p>
    '53 Hammond C2 w/JR20 tone cab
    '57 Hammond M3 w/'64 Leslie 125

Re: No sound on Lowrey LSC

Hello...Bueller?</p>

I worked on this some more today.</p>

So far I've swapped tubes in the amp section; removed, tested, and replaced the output transformer (checked impedance with a meter, applied voltage to the secondarys/metered primary - tested fine all times); double checked all connections; tested speakers - working; </p>

The only time I get any sort of noise through the speakers is when I tested the high voltage on pin 5 of the 6V6 sockets (tubes installed), I would get static through the speakers, and when I removed a 6V6 with the organ on I would get slight static through the speakers. </p>

Any other tube amp I have, if I remove a power tube or the phase inverter tube, I get a loud pop through the speakers. This organ does not do that. I just get a little static if I remove a power tube, and nothing if I remove the PI.</p>

Everything powers up fine, I get good voltages on the tubes which tells me the rectifier tube is functioning properly, I just get absolutely no sound at all. It worked when I picked it up, and all I did was remove the 26-1 kit and plugged the speaker/power connector right back in.....???
    </p>
    '53 Hammond C2 w/JR20 tone cab
    '57 Hammond M3 w/'64 Leslie 125