Thread: Wurlitzer 4880??????

Wurlitzer 4880??????

I just noticed today, 10/01/09 that a Wurlitzer model 4880 is listed on Ebay currently. I was not aware of this model which is odd since I am a big Wurlitzer fan. Could this be more likely a 4480 which most likely is a spin off from the 4140. The 4300 Wurlitzer spinet organs also had a console version the popular 4500 series. The one listed has the same specs as the 4140. I was not aware that Wurlitzer made any 4800 series except the ES reedmodelorgan 4800.</P>

Your input is appreciated. BTW, this posting really has some great pics to see as well as close ups of the stops, tabs, and their labels.</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

James</P>
    Baldwin Church Organ Model 48C
    Baldwin Spinet 58R
    Lowrey Spinet SCL
    Wurlitzer 4100A
    Crown Pump Organ by Geo. P. Bent, Chicago, Illinois

Organs I hope to obtain in the future:

Conn Tube Minuet or Caprice even a transistor Caprice with the color coded tabs
    Gulbransen H3 or G3, or V.
    Wurlitzer 44, 4410, 4420, ES Reed Models, 4300, 4500, Transistor Models

Re: Wurlitzer 4880??????

James, I've found alot of description errors in Ebay listings. Most sales are by people who know almost nothing about the organ or its history. I find Wurly numbers a little confusing to start with as my console is a 4735 and my spinet is a 4375. So it is easy for people to get crossed up on numbers when speaking of the Wurly's.</P>

I'll be interested to see any further information on this model number. I'm considering an older 70's church model that I see listed on Ebay and You Tube sometimes and I have a hard time keeping track of that model # as well.</P>

Cost of getting old I guess? Check out video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XayWt...eature=related It is on the order of what my friend has and the tone isn't as nice as the 4735 which later became the Centura Professional.</P>