Thread: Tuning on the Cadette V-322

Tuning on the Cadette V-322

Hi All,</p>

</p>

I have searched the threads and I see there are a lot of people who have successfully re-tuned some models of Hammond organ. I also see a lot of you are dissecting the Cadette V-322 model for parts so I see that there are people who are familiar with the guts of the thing. So . . . Does anyone know if either deck of the Cadette can be retuned? If so by what range? Is there a master tuning function, or is it note by note? And most importantly, where would I find it / how would I recognize it inside . . . . Thanks, Craig
    </p>

Re: Tuning on the Cadette V-322

IIRC, all the VS Cadette models are pretty basic old school electronics from the 60's. (Even though the organs are themselves very early 70's models) You should find 12 tuning coils inside to tune note by note, but I'm not sure what the range would be. As for a master tuner, I couldn't say, as it's been around 36 years since I looked inside. There isn't that much inside a Cadette, to be honest, so it should be easy to spot things.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Kawai SR6 + Leslie 760 Walnut
    Retired Organs: Lots! Including Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2012 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760, 710, 415 x 2.

Thanks I'll mess around and see. Ideally I would like to get four octaves out of the thing instead of the same 2 1/2 repeated in two registers, but I see from some of the other posts that the tuners may only be good for a few "cents" here or there. Cheers,</p>

Craig
    </p>

What you have in mind isn't possible. Each tuning coil will shift its note by the same amount. So you'd shift, say, all the C's up or down in one go. It is designed as a home organ, and what it does is waht it does. If you want a four-octave compass you'll need a different type of instrument. Digital piano or keyboard, perhaps.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Kawai SR6 + Leslie 760 Walnut
    Retired Organs: Lots! Including Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2012 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760, 710, 415 x 2.

Ah that's a shame, but thanks for letting me know and saving me finding out the hard way.