Shipping: Local pickup or buyer arranges pickup
Payment: Paypal, cash
Buy now: Lowrey DSO-1 needs a good home and TLC
Asking Price

$250.00 USD

Remarks (Optional)

By posting this form, you agree that:
Your Contact Information

This helps the seller determine the total cost of any additional charges (if any).

Full Name

Contact Phone

Make Offer for: Lowrey DSO-1 needs a good home and TLC
Your Offer
 USD

Remarks (Optional)

By making an offer to this item, you agree that:
Your Contact Information

This helps the seller determine the total cost of any additional charges (if any).

Full Name

Contact Phone

Photo Gallery

Classified Details
Hi folks, I scored this DSO-1 off of craigslist several months back with intention to fix it up. Truth is, I have enough projects. We recently added another little one to our family so I don't have the time or money to put into it.

I want this organ to find a good home and make someone really happy. It's a great candidate for restoration.

It is in decent cosmetic condition but needs electronic work. I brought it back from the dead but didn't even scratch the surface as for what it needs. All I got done was replacing two blown filter cap cans with new CE's along with bad output coupling caps. I also replaced a bad 12AU7 in the multivibrator position and tested all of the tubes outside the tone generator.

It will now power on and play extremely loudly if desired. The speakers and amplifier section are golden. As far as I can tell all of the switches work. So does the Leslie and the pitch bend feature on the swell pedal. About 2/3 of the notes work reliably.

On to the bad stuff:

It needs several NE23 lamps replaced for the sustain circuit.
It needs two other filter cap cans installed (included with the organ)
The TG and or key contacts need work - several notes are intermittent and some gone altogether. A few came back.
Most of the pedals do not produce sound.
With sustain all the way up there is one ghost note that seems to latch on when played

I am asking is what I have into it, $250. I paid $100 for the organ, $147 + shipping for the replacement cap cans and caps from AES, and put in a good vintage 12AU7.

Sale includes the organ, the bench, and the two cap cans I did not yet install.

Thanks,
Chris
witham.6@wright.edu
937-212-5921

daytonampco  (2)
Individual

Seller other Classifieds

Similar Classifieds